Monday, August 06, 2012

London 2012

If I tell you 4, 14 and 30 ? Do you see the link? These are the ranks of the Olympic Games organized in London: the 4th ones in 1908, the 14th ones in 1948 and the 30th ones that are on going.

I don't know for you, but I really enjoy watching the Games on TV. The opening ceremony was great, the performance of the French team is really not bad with, so far, eight gold medals, nine silver ones and nine bronze ones! Twenty six medals, and more to come!

Why do I speak about London 2012? Because today I want to share with you the nice cover that I received from Alegeria, sent by Ouari. Thank you very much for this cover.




As you can see the cover is decorated with various symbols of London and with the logo of the games. The cover is franked with one of the two stamps issued by Algeria at the end of June to celebrate the Olympic Games. Here is a close up of the stamp, picturing rowing, with the famous Tower Bridge in the background.


The second stamp of the set pictures judo with the London Eye in the background.


Algeria is present at Lodon 2012 with 39 athlets competing in twelve sports: Taekwando, Fencing, Athletics, Boxing, Volleyball, Rowing, Wrestling, Shooting, Judo, Weightlifting, Swimming and Cycling.

At the time I write these lines, Algeria hasn't won any medals yet, but I'm sure this will come!

No comments: