Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mobile telecommunications on stamps (cont'd)

In a previous post I wrote about starting a new collection on stamps picturing my professional activity: mobile telecommunications. I received some very interesting feedback that I would like to share with you today.

I received, from a friend in China, information about two stamps that I could add to this list even though they don't actually picture a mobile phone (well not completly as you will see). The first one was issued by South Korea on teh 22nd of April 2005 as part of a set of three stamps about "information and communication of the future". The stamp celebrates the "mobile friendship", or said differently, how mobile communications help keeping a strong link between friends. Here is the stamp.


In the top left corner you can see a "network coverage" indication and in the top right corner you can see a battery gauge that you can see both on the screen of a mobile phone!

The second stamp reuses the same idea. This time this is a stamp from Latvia issued on the 19th of January 2007 to celebrate 15 years of mobile communications.

Again the network indication and the battery level can be seen on the stamp.

Then I got a second feedback from Fabio, from Brazil. He first shared with me the link to his One Frame Exhibit about integrated circuit and the way it changed the world. (Please have a look to his exhibit, it is very good. Also you can visit the very good Exponet site). 

So Fabio shared with me all stamps he has that picture mobile phones and as you can see below, there are much much more than the very few ones I showed last time!






Thanks to this feedback, what was an idea is in the air is becoming a real trigger to me to start a new collection. This would be a good way to mix my professional activity and my main hobby. And it could be a good way to show to my colleagues what philately can do. I'll keep you informed!

1 comment:

Jérôme said...

J'avais déjà abordé ce sujet

http://1timbre1don.wordpress.com/2010/02/06/timbres-telephones-mobiles/

Merci pour le complément et bonne continuation dans la collection :)