Sunday, January 29, 2012

French stamps issued in January 2012 and planned for February

I just received from the French post the calendar presenting all stamp issues to come in 2012. I then decided to share it with you, and to take this opportunity to show you the stamps already issued so far. I will also give you a glimpse of the issues to come in February. I will try to do the same at each beginning of a month.


Let start by the calendar itself. Here is the font and back covers giving a quick summary of the stamp issues for the year to come.



Inside the calendar there are some information about the various websites and products from La Poste. And also, for each month, there is one page giving the planned issues.

Here is the page for January.

As shown on the picture, since the beginning of the year, three different stamp issues have been emitted.

First the souvenir sheet for the year of the dragon has been issued on the 9th of January.

I already wrote in this blog that I am not a big fan of these series about Chinese lunar year, but I must admit this one is rather nice (even though this is not my preferred one, but I will come back on this in a later post). It is true also that a dragon is by itself more graphic than other animals...

Then on the 16th of January was issued the now usual heart shaped stamps.

This year the stamps have been designed by Adeline Andre, a fashion designer that I must admit I did not know. As usual the set contains one single stamp and a sheet of five.


The particularity of the stamps on the sheet is that they are transparent, so that they act as a sort of love tattoo on the cover.


To conclude January issues, here is the “art” booklet issued on the 23th of January. The booklet contains twelve self-adhesive stamps. The stamps go by pari: one of the stamp pictures a piece of art printed in offset, and the other one pictures the same piece of art printed in recess-printing.



Then here is a quick look on the stamps planned for February.

Four issues are planned:
  • On the 6th of February a very nice stamp picturing a painting from Edward Hopper. This is my favorite painter and I really look forward this stamp
  • On the 13th of February: a stamp dedicated to the Paris Mosque and a booklet entitled “say it with flowers”.
  • On the 20th of February a stamp dedicated to Henri Queville

But I will come back on those stamps when they are issued.

As usual, if you are interested in one the new issue and you need some help to get it, don't hesitate to contact me.

No comments: