Monday, December 19, 2011

Some more mails from postal administrations

As a follow up of my previous post, I would like to share with you some more mails that I received from other postal administrations.

The first one is from Liechtenstein. This is the first letter I receive from this country, but as you can see it does not bear any stamps unfortunately.



But on the positive side I must say that this cover contained a gift for me (on top of its expected content). This is a nice Christmas card. I think it compensates the lack of stamps on the cover!




The card bears one of the three Christmas stamps issued by the Liechtenstein Post on the 14th of November. Here is a picture of the full set that I rather like (two of the three stamps contain an ox in their design so will fit into my cow/ox collection!).




The second one is from Luxembourg. Again no stamps on it!


But again there was an unexpected gift inside. This is again a Christmas card containing the Christmas stamp issued by Luxembourg on the 6th of November 2011 and bearing the first day cancel.

I realized that this stamp would also fit into my collection as among the small animals that you can see there is a small ox!


The last one comes from Faroe Islands. My first cover from this part of the world! And this time the postal administration has used four stamps to frank the cover!



The four stamps are part of a set of eight issued on the 18th of September 2006. The full set has been issued as a souvenir sheet.




The stamps picture various views of sandoy, one of the Faroe Islands. There are 18 islands in total, one 
being inhabited, and sandoy being the fifth biggest one.

No comments: