Friday, December 02, 2011

My first cover from Laos


I’m very happy today to share with you my first cover received from Laos! This is a registered cover franked with a rather interesting number of stamps. Here it is.

The bad news is that I have had a lot of difficulties to find some information about the stamps (date of issue, subject, etc). I could not find any good on line resources to learn about the recent stamps issued by Laos.
I can anyway share with you my limited knowledge.
The stamp located on the far left was issued in 2005 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Lao PDR. Indeed this is on the 2nd of December 1975 that the country became the Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
The stamp in the middle was issued in 2010 to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the nomination of the city of Luang Prabang as UNESCO world heritage site. I don’t know if other stamps have been issued together with this one and I could not really find details on what it pictures.
All the other stamps, picturing flowers, are 2011 issues on which I could not find any information.
If you can help me to gather more details I would be very happy.

2 comments:

mesca said...

Nice blog! I add your blog at my link.
greetings from Italy!

rtscovers.blogspot.com

Mauriziolaos said...

Bonjour Eric,
vous pouvez retrouver des information sur le timbres Laos (avec date d'émission et scans des timbres) dans mon site web.

http://paboukham.zzl.org/stamps.html

Mauriziolaos - Vientiane