Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mail from Santa Calus

When I was a young boy, I was told by adult people that Santa Claus would come into my house through the chimney to bring me presents, but only if I have been a good boy. At this time I was very skeptic because there was no chimney in my house! So how could Santa Claus come? I remember that I tried to stay awake during the whole night in order to see him and see how he would do… Of course I failed and felt asleep very quickly…
Years later, I know that Santa Claus does not really exist ;-) but I always like the Christmas spirit. This is why I’m happy to share with you some mails received from Santa Claus office.

I got the first one from Elena, a colleague from Romania, who spent few days in Lapland. She was kind enough to take the time to send me one postcard and one cover.
On the postcard is pictured Santa Claus village located in Rovaniemi.



Rovaniemi is a city located in the North of Finland, 10km away from the polar circle. It is the capital of the finish Lapland and is the official home town of Santa Claus.

Here is the other side of the card bearing a Christmas stamp issued in 2001.




The postmark is more visible on the cover that I also got from Elena.  



Nice postmark, isn’t it? I could not really find information on the stamp that Elena used on the cover. It seems it is part of a set issued in 2011 for the Stamp Day but I’m not completely sure. I also don’t now what is the bridge pictured on the stamp; If you know I would be happy to hear from you.

From the same place I also received the “official” letter from Santa Claus sent by the Finish post.  



Same stamp, same postmark. The letter that was inside is in French! Here it is with also a nice drawing on the reverse side.



The cover also contained a 2012 calendar. This letter from Santa Claus is not free. It can be bought from Finish post website and exists in various languages.

And to finish let me show you the letter from Santa Claus that French post is sending. To get it you just need to write to Santa using the French post website. What you get is a postal stationary containing a small gift, a paper mask to be cut out for your kids.




As I won’t probably have time to write more in my blog before the weekend, let me whish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS. Let’s get immersed in the Christmas spirit!


No comments: