Wednesday, August 03, 2011

News from the Frogs of the world challenge

As promised some times ago, I would like to give you an update of my challenge called “Frogs of the world challenge”. So far, thanks to Nasia, Henderica, Claire, Melissa, Adrian, Andryi, David and George, I was able to get frog covers from twelve countries: Australia, China (PRC), Cyprus, Canada, England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Scotland, Taiwain, USA and Wales.


Some more are on their way from India, Romania and Ireland.


Here is, for instance, the one I got from Taiwan and sent by George.


It is nice, isn’t it? George had the nice idea to post the letter on the 14th of July, the “bastille day”, i.e. the French National day. The main purpose of the challenge is not really a philatelic one, but I can not prevent myself from speaking about the nice stamps George used on the cover (by the way all senders have taken care of using nice stamps when sending me back the frog cover and I would like to thank them all again for that).

The four stamps used by George have been issued on the 26th of August 2009. This set is part of a series about Children folk rhymes. Previous stamps in this series have been issued in April 1998, April 1999 and April 2001. Each stamp of the series pictures a Children popular song. The ones on the cover are: Little girl and her doll, Train, Thunder shower, Kingdom of dolls. I like the stamps of this series; they are really colorful (by the way one of the stamps of the 1998 issue is part of my frog stamp collection!). It is a pity that I could not find details on the songs that are pictured on the whole series.


My complete collection can be viewed here.

If you want to help me in this challenge, then it is simple: drop me a mail and I will give you all the details.

No comments: