Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A frog on new souvenir sheet from Canada

On the 21st of April 2011, the Canadian postal administration has issued a nice souvenir sheet to celebrate the international year of the forest. This souvenir sheet contains one large stamp and pictures a vertical panoramic view of a forest. Here it is. The picture is a bit small (it comes from Canada port website, as I don’t own yet the sheet) but if you look closely to the right side of the sheet you will see what triggered my interest in this issues. On the right side are pictured animals that could be found in the various layers of the forest and on the level of the floor is pictured the silhouette of a frog! I also read that if you hold the sheet in front of light you can see the silhouette of nocturnal animals. I’m now impatient to get this new item for my collection.

1 comment:

jalalHB said...

Beautiful stamp indeed - thanks