Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Fist cover from Syria

I’m glad to be able to add one country to the list of places from where I have received mails : Syria. Here if the cover franked with two large stamps, only one has been canceled.


Both stamps have been issued in 2010. The square one has been issued in March to celebrate the 47th anniversary of the “8th of March revolution” that happened in 1963 and which is a founding element in the story of modern Syria. I am not sure I understand the design of the stamp and I could not really find information on how this design relates to the event.

The second stamp was issued in October to commemorate the international post day.

A nice and simple cover that I am glad to add to my collection.

1 comment:

I like stamps - ik hou van postzegels. said...

Super! Nice stamps. I like your blog!