Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Two new Eric on stamps

If you follow since a long time you know that I have a parallel collection of stamps picturing people who have the same first name than me : Eric. In fact this is more a virtual collection because I do not try to buy the stamps I find but at least I try to get of scan of them. And this is not a collection on which I work very deeply but at least when I look at new stamp issues I always try to see in any fit in this category. And I recently found two new stamps issued by Norway that picture two different Eric. In fact these are two Erik to be exact, as it is the Nordic form.

The stamps belong to a set of four stamps issued on the 20th of August 2010 to celebrate 50 years of Television in Norway.

One of the stamp is dedicated to “Entertainment”.
On the left side of the stamp is pictured Erik Tangevald Diesen (1922-1999) a Norwegian revue writer and television personality who is regarded as the founder of television entertainment in Norway.
The other persons pictured on the stamps are Dan Borge Akero, Ivar Dyrhaug and Anne Grosvold.

Another stamp is dedicated to television icons.


The third person from the left is Erik Erikssonn Diesen (1926-2004) a Norwegian journalist, artist, author, film actor, folk singer! He was one of the most well known and popular television figures in Norway for the 20th century.
The other persons on the stamp are Arne Scheie, Ingrid Espelid Hovig and Ragnhild Saelthum Fjortoft.

To complete the view here are the two other stamps dedicated to Children’s TV and Comedy.




No comments: