Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My second cover from Tanzania

Africa is a continent from where I rarely get mails (except from Algeria and Egypt, may be). So I was very happy when recently I received my second letter from Tanzania. I already shared with you the first one I got . Here is now the second one.
Apart from the fact that both covers were sent from Dar Es Salam and from the same sender, they share an additional common point. They are franked with stamps belonging to the same set. The large stamp of this cover belongs to a set issued on the 15th of August 2008 and dedicated to Tanzania Marine Parks. The stamp on the cover pictures a lizard fish.
At the time of the first cover I had difficulties to find information about this set, but in the mean time I was able to learn more. Here is a complete picture of the set that contains a total of eleven stamps! Interestingly not all the stamps have the same format.





The cover is also franked with a block of four copies of the same stamp that was issued in 1991 and that pictures an African wood pigeon (Colum unicincta, also commonly called Afep pigean).

No comments: