Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Frog on a red cancel from Japan

I have already shown here on my blog several items from Japan bearing nice picturial red cancel. I am very happy to share with you the latest one that I got : a red cancel picturing a frog !

The red cancel is from Matsuo Post Office, Iwate prefecture. The date of the cancel 57.11.10 represents the 10th of November 1982, the 57th year of the Emperor's reign!
The frof pictured on the cancel is a living national treasure of Japan, meaning a protected animal.

1 comment:

Velu said...

Hi Eric.

Great to see that you are still blogging wonderfully. I have a request. It seems that french post has come out with a souvinere sheet of Astrix and oblix. As I'm a great fan, I would be very grateful if you could send me one sheet at my address : Velu,
A 154, Trinity towers,
DLF phase 5,
Golf Course road,
Gurgaon
Haryana,
India - 122009.

Also let me know if you need something from India. or can also send you something next time I go sailing. :)

Cheers and best of health,
Velu