Monday, June 15, 2009

My first cover from Thailand

I'm thrilled today to share with you my first cover from Thailand. Yes, this may be surprising but I never got any mail from this country until Gladdie sent me this letter.


Thank you very much Gladdie, I owe you a nice cover. And sorry to have been so long to publish it on my blog. Surprisingly I had a tough time to find information about the stamps.
The square stamp is a part of a set of four stamps issued on the 6th of April 2009 and picturing various royal hats. The full set has also been issued in the form of a souvenir sheet.




Unfortunately I was not able to find detailed information about the hats pictured on the stamps!
The large stamp on the right side of the cover is part of a set of two issued on the 9th of August 2008 and dedicated to the green peacock (Pavo muticus). The stamps are really beautifull (and large) and they have also been issued in a souvenir sheet that I also find very nice.



I really like peacocks ! I think this is a very nice subject for a stamp.
Finally the last stamp is a definitive one issued in 1996 and picturing a portrait of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the current king of Thailand.


Thanks to this cover I'm now interested to know more about philately of Thailand.


No comments: