Friday, June 05, 2009

Frogs from PNG

I still could not find the time to fix my scanner so I’m still not able to show you new covers or stamps that I got recently. I think that everything should go back to normal during the weekend. Hopefully.

In the mean time I just discovered that Papua New Guinea has issued on the 18th of February 2009 a set of stamps dedicated to frogs. I found the pictures on the postal administration website and I decided to share them with you. The pictures are a bit small, but it gives you already a good idea.

The full set contains four in the form of a block and two souvenir sheets. There is also a stamp pack.

It is not the first time that Papua New Guinea issues stamps picturing frog. A set of four was issued in 1968 already. But I have the feeling that this new issue will not be seen very often on mails…


No comments: