Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chinese first day cover from China 2009

In April of this year an international stamp exhibition has been held in China, in the city of Luoyang. At the occasion of China 2009, the Chinese postal administration has issued a set of two stamps and a souvenir sheet. I had the pleasure to receive recently a First Day Cover with both stamps from a philatelic contact. Here it is.
The two stamps on the right side are the one issued on the 10th of April 2009. They picture two nice pots. I tried to get more information about those pots, or vases, but without much success. One thing that you can not see on the scan is that the stamp on the far right side is slightly embossed, at the top of the vase.
A very nice souvenir sheet has also been issued. I recently received it from another philatelic friend in China. It contains a unique and rather large stamp (I think the stamp is around 7 cm high!).



The other stamp that was used on the cover is part to a definitive set of stamps that I already mentioned in a previous article.

The postmark pictures the logo of the exhibition. A nice souvenir to be added to my collection!

The next important International Stamp exhibition organized by the international federation of philately will be held in May 2010 in London. I plan to go there, and if my blog is still alive at this time, I will for sure tell you all about it!




No comments: