Monday, January 05, 2009

Sydney... here I come

Tomorrow is the D day for me : I'm flying to Sydney for three weeks of holidays ! I'm thrilled !
I will bring with me some material (this time ;-) ) but I'm not sure I will be able to update my blog on a daily basis. I will try to post some news from time to time. I will be back to Paris on the 23rd of January.
Today I haven't much time to write because I have a huge amount of things to settle before my departure.
I just wanted to show you some of the places I will see and that have been pictured on Australian stamps.
First of all, my favorite place, the opera house, which is well known all over the world and which is really a nice place to visit.


Then the harbour bridge, located near the opear house. No, I will not climb the bridge (this is possible to climb on top of the bridge, it seems the view is fantastic, but I suffer from vertigo so I will try it !).



Also near the opera, I will for sure take some time to seat on a bench and read a book in the Royal botanic garden (if I'm not attacked by a bat ;-) I remember that last time I walked in the botanic garden of Sydeny I saw a tree full of thousands of bats ! Very impressive).



I will also visit a bit the rocks, a very nice area of Sydney where you can find the oldest pub of the city. I will for sure take the time to have a VB there...


And finally I will go to the fish market. A place where you can buy fish (I think you guessed it) and you can have it cooked and eat it directly on site !


There are plenty of other things that I plan to do, such as visiting a post office and trying to buy stamps ;-).






3 comments:

MBstamps said...

Hello Eric,

Have a nice time in Australia and Happy Holidays!

cees said...

Bon vacances Eric.
Also thanks for the card and nice cgickenstamps on and in it. Could not find this stamps. Are these "personalized" stamps?
Have a nice time.
Cees

Lee said...

Dear Eric,
Happy new year to you. I am new to your blog and glad to see many collectors sharing comments online. Kindly drop by my blog at:

http://funstamps.blogspot.com/
http://airmaillabels.blogspot.com/

Cheers