Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to all

First of all I would like to wish to all of you a Merry Christmas !

Today I have selected the Christmas gifts that I just received from three postal administrations : Sweden, Finland and of course France.
The Swedish post has sent me a very nice item : an engraving proof of the Sailing ships issue, a set of stamps issued on the 15th of May 2008 and picturing saling ships. Here is the proof and a picture of the set of stamps. Nice set and nice gift, isn't it ?

I would also like to show you the cover that was used by the Swedish post to send me this gift, because it is simple, but nice (very clean postmark !)


Surprisingly this cover is franked with a rather old stamp, since this is a stamp issued in 1989 and picturing an Eurasian Eagle Owl (Buob buo).
Finish post sent me a large illustrated postcard bearing on the recto and on the verso both Chritsmas stamps issued on the 6th of November 2008, together with nice pictorial cancels.


And finally the French post sent be three bands picturing the various priting steps of three stamps belonging to the artistic series.
First the stamp dedicated to Van Dick and issued on the 11th of November 1999 (I show you also the final stamp) :
The second stamp is the one dedicated to Jean Baptiste Gueuze and issued on the 26th of September 2005 :



And the last one is the stamp celebrating Serusier and issued on the 15th of October 2007.



What about you ? Did you get any gift from your postal administration ?

No comments: