Thursday, June 19, 2008

My visit to the Salon du Timbre 2008

Just a short post to tell you that I spent the whole morning at the stamp fair I mentioned in my last two articles. I had a great time, there was a lot of people. A lot of kids. There were a lot of animations and games around the stamps and philately, so this was full of kids running everywhere and screaming. A bit noisy I must admit but I think that this is good to give to young kids the opportunity to learn and to discover the world through stamps.
I took the opportunity of my visit to buy some stamps and to send some FDC to some of you. Today was the first day of issue of the souvenir sheet about European projects and the stamp dedicated to Gerard Garouste that I mention in my previous article.
I also took this opportunity to buy stamps from foreign postal administrations that I will show you in future articles.
As I’m a subscriber to French Post I got some gifts. Among them there was this proof showing the various steps of the printing of a stamp issued in 2007 by French post in the artistic series (click on the picture to have a better view).


Nice gift, no ?
Just to be complete, here is the final stamp.


It pictures a painting of Paul Sérusier (1864-1927) a Frecnh painter. The title of the painting is “La barriere fleurie” (the flowery fence).

Now I have to leave. I fly to Marseille in a few hours to attend to a rugby game during the weekend. So I'm back here on Monday only !

1 comment:

ray said...

Hello!!

Greetings from the Philippines. The french stamps you have posted are really that beautiful and cool... Keep up the interesting blog you have, hope that you will also support my blog eventhough I just started my blog... ^-^

ray..........")