Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Year of the rat, one last time

These days are crazy at work. I just have no time to think about stamps or to update my blog. So only a quick post today. To stay in the mood of the celebration of the Chinese new year, here is a cover I received from my friend in China.
This is a first day cover of the stamp issued by China post for the celebration of the year of the rat. The stamp has been issued on the 5th of January. A rather cute stamp, don’t you think ?

One word about the two other stamps. The one located on the left belongs to the birds definitive series of 2002 that I have already mentioned several times here in my blog. The stamp pictures Ala Shan Redstart (Phoenicurus alashanicus) an endemic bird from China. The other stamp pictures a Golden Kaiserihin (Teinopalpus aureus) a butterfly from China and Vietnam. This stamp was issued on the 25th of February 2000 and belongs to a souvenir sheet of ten stamps and two labels about wildlife. This souvenir sheet is really impressive, I have it in my collection, but unfortunately I forgot to scan it. I will try to show it in a future post because I think it is worth sharing it with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say this is not an official F.D.C.
I think this is a self made cover with the rat stamp.
see the chinese rat minisheet
http://myfdc.blogspot.com/2008/01/china-minisheet-2008-1.html
I heard that on the the official FDC,there was a word has mistaken by the philaterly FDC designer.The original cover costs 30 centimes,now it costs about 3 euros.So this is the point