Friday, February 15, 2008

A second letter from Algeria

End of last year I showed you the first cover that I received from Algeria. Today, here is a short post showing you the second one I received, still from Abdel. (Thanks Abdel for the cover and the rest. I’ll send you soon the stamps you want). This cover is registered and is franked with some fauna and flora stamps.



The two large stamps of the cover have been issued on the 15th of September 2007. The animals pictured on the stamps are : Stripped hyena (Hyaena hyaena) and Red fox (Vulpes vulpes). Both species are endangered.
I think that hyena on stamps is no so common, because it is not such a popular animal. Fox is a bit more common.
The two small stamps picture a Rosa odorata and belong to the definitive series about roses issued on the 7th of September 2004.

To be noticed also the red cancel (even though it is too heavy) : red cancels are not so common, I think.



No comments: