Friday, February 29, 2008

New letter from Germany

Through the various cover exchange circuits I belong to, I have had the opportunity to receive several covers from Germany. I have shown some of them here in this blog. Each time I was really impressed by the quality of the cancel on the stamps. I know that these covers were prepared by philatelists and they probably asked specifically for a clean postmark, but still… Here is another example.

The cover was damaged a bit on the top, but hopefully the stamps were not touched. The stamp on the right side was issued on the 16th of January 2003. It commemorates the 1000th anniversary of the foundation of Kronach, a city located in Bavaria. The stamp picture a typical view of the houses and buildings of the town.
The block was issued on the 10th of August 2006. It is a part of a series about sceneries of Germany. This block is dedicated to the Black Forest, one of the most famous area in Germany. It pictures a typical scenery of this area. I think that the design of the block is quite interesting with a square stamp, inside a square drawing with a white border all around.
I really like this cover. I think that both stamps go very well together, and again the postmark is very clean.
My German is rather limited, but I guess that the green mark on the bottom of the cover was put by the sender to indicate to the postal clerk that a clean and neat postmark was requested. I already saw similar indication, but usually on the small piece of paper attached to the cover and that can be removed. This is the fist time I see it directly on the cover. At least the result is very good !

1 comment:

Kazahn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.