Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A new cover from Kazakhstan

I recently received a new cover from Kazakhstan, through a cover exchange circuit. This is only the second letter I got from this country. Here it is.
The two se-tenant stamps located on the top right corner have been issued in the 31st of October 2007. These stamps picture animals from the zoo of the city of Almaty. One stamp pictures two zebras and the other an elephant. These stamps have been issued in the form of a souvenir sheet of eight stamps and one label. Here is a picture of the full sheet.


The two stamps located on the left of the two previous stamps have been issued on the 29th of November 2006, celebrating the 75th anniversary of the birth of Mukafali Makataev. The full set contains four stamps. As I do not speak Kazakh ;-), I must admit that I could not find any information about him.
The same for the last stamp that was issued on the 20th of October 2007 for the 100th anniversary of the birth of Maulen Balakaev in a set of three stamps. I could not find any information about him neither.

The stamps have been cancelled with a clean blue postmark, exactly as the
first one I got. It makes me feel jealous when I see those clean postmarks and when I see the dirty ones we usually get in France !





2 comments:

Zulkijora said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alim-atenbek said...

More about KZ stamps:

http://www.kazpost.kz/en/?page=phil/philately_r