Tuesday, January 08, 2008

People from Kazakhstan

I would like to give some additional information on the souvenir sheet I presented on the cover from Kazakhstan. It seems it is a part of a series. I found out that on the 29th of April 2003 another souvenir sheet was issued.

The three stamps pictures Kazakhs, Russians and Ukrainians in traditional costumes.
Then in 2004 was issued the souvenir sheet that I showed on the cover. I did not find any issue in 2005 and 2006 for this series, but on the 28th of December 2007 another sheet was issued.



This time the stamps picture the Uigurs and the Tatars.

I found all this information thanks to the excellent website that I visit quite often and presenting stamp issues from the former soviet union countries :
http://home.nestor.minsk.by/fsunews/index.html




No comments: