Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Cover from Kazakhstan

2008 is now here. I hope you all had a nice time celebrating the end of the year and the beginning of the new one. For this first post of 2008, I decided to show you the first cover I received recently from Kazakhstan !

As you see, the cover is franked with a souvenir sheet bearing two stamps. This sheet has been issued on the 12th of May 2004 and pictures various popular clothing. Kazakhstan is located in an area of the world where you can find a lot of ethnic communities. The two stamps of the souvenir sheet picture popular clothing of the Uzbeks (stamp on the left) and of the Germans (stamp on the right).
I did not find much information about the rest of the souvenir sheet, neither why it has been actually issued. So any information is welcome.Anyway, I’m very glad to add this new country in the list of countries from where I have received a cover !

No comments: