Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cover from Hong Kong

I think this is the first time I show a cover coming from Hong Kong on this blog (even though this is not the first time I get one). It comes from one reader of my blog (thank you very much for this nice cover and the stamps included inside. By the way you did not tell me which specific stamps from France you would like?). Here it is.

Covers franked with a full souvenir sheet are rather rare, this is why I really like this one. As far as I could find out, the souvenir sheet has been issued on the 7th of September 2002 to celebrate the participation of Hong Kong post to AMPHILEX 2002, an international stamp exhibition that was held in Netherlands. The stamp embedded in the souvenir sheet re-uses the design of a stamp belonging to the Landmarks series of 1999 and pictures Tsing Ma bridge located in Hong Kong which is the 6th largest suspended bridge. I guess the background of the souvenir sheet is a view of Amsterdam.
The small stamp is part of the very beautiful definitive series issued on the 31st of December 2006 and picturing birds. This stamp pictures a Red-whiskered bulbul. I do not resist to the pleasure to show you the full set, because I think this is a really beautiful series.


The high value stamps are interesting : they have small perforations around the face value indication. Very nice !Thanks again for this cover !



1 comment:

BUTTERFLY said...

would you like bird stamps from other places in the world?