Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First day cover from China

I have recently received this nice cover from my Chinese philatelic penpal and I wanted to share it with you.

As you see this is a first day cover of a souvenir sheet issued on the 28th of July. The souvenir sheet has been issued to celebrate the 6th congress of all China philatelic federation. This congress has been held in Beijing on the 28th and 29th if July. The stamp of the souvenir sheet pictures a bronze plate of the Western Xia dynasty (1038-1227) which was used for the transmission of the emperor’s orders. I did not really find out how those plates were used, and I was not able to find the translation of the Chinese text written on the souvenir sheet. If somebody can help, this will be very nice.

1 comment:

My name is:zhoufan said...

Dear sirs,

I am a stamp collector in China ,Hope to hand over a friend with you

China will publish tomorrow 《FIFA2007 years the Chinese female foot world cup · meeting badge 》special kind postage stamp

Will send out first day cover a for the friend at the dragon rock
Seal a form to send out to please to check and accept by nature


Thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon!

With my best regards.
Sincerely yours,

ZHOUFAN
2007.09.09

http://52sc.blogspot.com/

e-mail: siwa520@gmail.com