Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Postal stationery from Belarus

I recently received this postal stationery (this is an envelop) through a stamp exchange circuit. The sender had used this envelop to wrap his stamps, and I finally found it almost more interesting that the stamps themselves ;-)
I could not find the date of issue of this stationery, neither could I find the occasion for which this cover was issued. For sure it is related to sport. I’m not very familiar with Cyrillic alphabet, but I could find out that the word written in white and blue letters on the top of the illustration means “sport” .

What I liked is that the illustration re-uses the design of three different stamps issued by Belarus. The first one, starting from the left, is a stamp issued on the 25th of October 2001 about windsurfing. Here is a picture of the original stamp.




In the middle, we can find a stamp issued on the 14th of November 2003 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the FIFA, the international football federation. The full set contains four stamps, and here is a picture of the original stamp reproduced on the cover.

The last stamp on the right was issued on the 1st of February 2002 together with three other stamps to celebrate the Salt Lake City Olympic Winter Games. The stamp pictures the biathlon. Here is a picture of the stamp.

There is also a sort of postmark which contains inscriptions that I could not decipher. If you know more about this postal stationery, don’t hesitate to contact me



No comments: