Monday, July 02, 2007

First day cover from Japan and the Taj Mahal

I haven’t much time today to write but I wanted to share with you a nice first day cover that I received recently from Japan. Here it is.

The stamp on the cover was issued on the 23rd of May 2007 to commemorate the year of exchange between India and Japan. As you see the main subject of the stamp is the Taj Mahal. I have already written how fascinated I am by this place, so I was very happy to get this cover. At one point in time I even thought about starting a collection of stamps picturing the Taj Mahal, but I’m not sure there are enough items for a proper collection.
As you see this is an “official” first day cover, but it has travelled through the postal service, which makes it more interesting for me (as I have already explained on this blog, I’m not so much interested by “mint” first day covers).

No comments: