Thursday, May 31, 2007

Smiling angel is back on stamp

(A short note only today, being quite busy…)

In my article about Reims, I showed several stamps picturing the smiling angel (l’ange au sourire), a very famous statue located on the front of the Cathedral of Reims. On the 23rd of May 2007, French post has issued a new stamp picturing this angel. This time this is a photography of the angel and no more a drawing.

This stamp is a part of a joint issue with Armenia. The second stamp of the set picture a nice miniature from the 15th century.


I did not see the stamps from Armenia, I don't know if the re-use the same design or not. If somebody knows... I would be happy to get a scan of the issue from Armenia...


1 comment:

Eric from Jura said...

bonjour Eric,
si on se fit au communiqué de la poste arménienne, les timbres arméniens sont sortis le 22 mai et reprennent les mêmes visuels que ls timbres français.
=> http://www.arka.am/en/archive/n05/n2105/210503.html