Wednesday, May 02, 2007

New frog stamps from Malaysia

We’ve had a very sunny May day in Paris, yesterday. I intended to work on my stamps collection, but the weather was so nice that I decided to go out for a picnic and I finally spent the whole day out. No time for stamps and no time for this blog.
For today I’ll share with you some information I got from one reader, Ian, who also collects frog stamps. Malaysian post will issue, on the 3rd of May, a set of three stamps and one souvenir sheet picturing frogs. Here are picture taken from the Malaysian post website (so not a scan from the real stamps).


Nice colourful set, isn’t it ? The species pictured on the stamps are :
- Malayan Brown Toad (Pedostibes hosii)
- Long-nosed Horned Frog (Megophrys nasuta)
- Cinnamon tree frog (Nyctixalus pictus)

And on the souvenir sheet : Rana laterimaculata (it seems it has no English common name) and Flying tree frog (Rhacophorus nigropalmatus).
Not really the type of frogs you can meet in our western European countries ;-)Thank you very much for the information, Ian.


No comments: