Friday, April 20, 2007

Number 200 : new frog stamps

I have a day off today, so plenty of time to deal with stamps (well among one thousand other things to do...). This post is the number 200 ! When I started my blog I did not know I would go that far... and I did not know that writing a blog would give me the oportunity to meet so many interesting people. Thank you to YOU for your emails. Keep writing I always enjoy getting news from my readers...
For today I have chosen two new issues related to frogs. The fist one is a stamp from Namibia.

This stamp is the part of the 4th definitive series issued by Namibia on the 15th of Februray 2007. The full set contains twelve stamps about bio-diversity. This one pictures an African bullfrog (Pyxicephalus adspersus). Not the cutest frog on earth isn't it ? As far as I know this is the first frog stamp issued by Namibia.
The next issue is coming from New Zealand.

This set of stamps was issued on the 5th of Mach 2007 about native wildlife. The frog stamp pictures an Hamilton frog (Leiopelma hamiltoni) a frog endemic to New Zealand. New Zeland has already issued several stamps picturing frog, and each time it was this species !
And again this is a first : the first circular stamp picturing a frog !

No comments: