Monday, April 30, 2007

Guernsey post

In previous articles I have told you about my experience with Danish post and Greenish post. Today I will share with you an interesting particularity of my experience with Guernsey post.I have recently purchased some stamps from the Guernsey post website: (http://www.guernseystamps.com). The website is well designed and is available in various languages (eight in total !). It was very easy for me to find what I was looking for. I was looking for one of the latest issues : ten self-adhesive stamps issued in booklet.

This set of stamps has been issued on the 8th of Mach 2007 to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the foundation of “La société Guernesiaise” an organisation that works for preservation of wildlife and natural environment. Of course I am interested by this stamp issue mainly because of the frog stamp. It is rather nice, and pictures a Common frog (Rana temporaria) one of the two frog species that can be found on the island.

I have received my stamps only few days after my order. I was really happy that it was so quick. I got my stamps in this cover.




What is interesting is that the cover bears two postage stamps! This is only the second time that I get a letter from a postal administration, franked with postage stamps. The other case was from Portuguese post. All the other postal administrations I have been in contact to, never use postage stamps on their sending, even for philatelic mail. I think this is really a pity.

No comments: