Friday, April 13, 2007

France new stamp issues

I have been asked if I could give some information about the next stamp issues from France so this post will be dedicated to the next three issues planned in April. I have already mentioned the rugby stamp that is planned next Monday. On the 30th of April, two souvenir sheets and one booklet are planned. The first one is a sheet of four stamps in the “Nature” series.

It pictures protected species from overseas. Since now several years the nature series take the form of a sheet of four stamps. Last year we had the small animals set which was quite criticized for its design. I'm not sure that this one is better. As a fauna stamps fan, I think this subject was worth a better design. But the questionable design of recent French issues is a debate that I'm not going to open here.The next one is a booklet belonging to the “holidays” series. At the difference of the previous issues in this series all ten stamps of the booklet have a different design with a general shade of blue that I rather appreciate.


The last one is a souvenir sheet from the series “Jardins de France” (gardens of France). Again a large sheet containing only two stamps with a high face value : so stamps that you will hardly see on a cover. The sheet of this year is dedicated to the parc de la tête d'or (golden head park) located in Lyon. A park that I really like and that I visit each time I go to Lyon (once a year).



If you are interested in getting any of these stamps then don't hesitate to contact me and I'll see what I can do for you.



No comments: