Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cover from Russia

Here is a cover I recently received from Russia. I found it rather nice and wanted to share it with you.

The two stamps located on the right part have been issued on the 25th of January 2007 to celebrate the 175th anniversary of the birth of the Russian painter I.I.Shishkin. The stamp on the far right is a painting from him, called “In the north wild” realised in 1891. The other one is a portrait of I.I.Shishkin by I.N.Kramskoy realized in 1880.
The stamp located in the middle, is extracted from a souvenir sheet issued on the 19th of September 2006, to celebrate the 100Th anniversary of D.S.Lkhachev (I could not find who he was). The sheet contains six stamps (six time the same stamp) and two labels. On the cover you can see the top right corner of the sheet, with one stamp and one label, and the margin.
I like this stamp, I think this is a nice portrait. I find it very expressive. Don’t you think so ?
The last stamp is a definitive one issued in 1998.
The postmark is nice also, very clean, very neat. And this is a rather large cancel. I guess the rectangular mark means “air mail” ? I don’t think I saw it before…

Before leaving, here is an answer to a question I very often get from the readers of my blog. How do I get all those covers ? Do I have so many friends all over the world ?
I would be happy to have so many friends! No, in fact I do belong to several associations as the
CCCC which helps you to receive nice covers from a lot of countries in the world. The fee is very low, and of course, you have to send back a nice cover for each cover received. I got some very good philatelic contacts thanks to the CCCC. If you don’t know it yet, you should give a try…

No comments: