Friday, March 23, 2007

Migratory birds

Today I have a day off, after a very busy week. I’ll try to take this opportunities to work on my stamp collection and to finalize some update of my frog stamps website (Philatelic Frog). Yesterday I was going through a mixture of mint stamps that I received recently and I found some nice and interesting stamps. For today I have chosen this set of four stamps.
(click on the picture to zoom)
This set of stamps was issued on the 27th of April 1997 by Hong Kong. The stamps picture migratory birds. I really find them beautiful. You know already, if you read my blog, how much I like fauna on stamps, so I was really pleased by those ones.

The birds that are pictured on the stamps are :

On the $1.30 Yellow breasted bunting (Emberiza aureola). Obviously the stamp pictures a male because the colour of a female is different
On the $2.50 Great knot (Calidris tenuirostis)
On the $3.10 Falcated teal (Anas falcate)
On the $5 Black-faced spoonbill (Platalea minor)
These stamps have been re-issued in 2000 printed on Granite paper and sold in two booklets, each booklet containing two different designs.

No comments: