Monday, March 05, 2007

La fête du timbre

Next weekend will be held “La fête du timbre” (the stamp feast) a yearly event organized by the French post around stamps and stamp collecting. This year there will be local events in 118 different cities of France (more details are available, in French, at http://www.fetedutimbre.com/).
As usual, the French post will issue at this occasion a new set of stamps. The idea is to draw the attention of young people to stamp collecting, so usually the stamps picture cartoon characters that are famous among young people. This year, the subject will not be a cartoon hero but Harry Potter ! Here is the stamp that will be issued picturing Harry Potter and also the souvenir sheet.



There will be also a booklet with two other stamps picturing Ron and Hermione the friends of Harry. Personally I’m not a big fan of Harry Potter. I have read the first book and I have also seen the first movie. Even if I found them entertaining, I did not feel like going further. I don’t know why, because usually I’m a good “customer” for this sort of sagas. Maybe I’m getting too old for it ;-)

I will try to participate to the event that will be held in Paris, so that I can get few first day covers. But I’m not yet fully sure this will be possible, because I have a lot of other stuff to do. We’ll see. If I do, I’ll tell you about it on this blog.

No comments: