Tuesday, February 13, 2007

World Men’s Handball Championship in Germany

I haven’t written much in my blog these last days. I hope this will improve. During last weekend, I have received this cover from Germany that I found quite impressive and therefore I decided to share it with you.

The stamp on the right corner of the cover has been issued on the 2nd of January 2007 to celebrate the World Men’s Handball Championship that was held in Germany in January and February. The stamp goes together with the impressive postmark that has been designed to celebrate the victory of Germany. Germany haw won the Championship against Poland. Unfortunately, Germany has won against France in semi-final, after a very tight game, that ended with a very controversial decision from the referee (he refused a goal to France and nobody understand why).
The stamp on the left side has been issued at the same date, and commemorates the 1000 years of the city of Fürth. This city located in the north of Bavaria, which is contiguous with Nuremberg, has been first mentioned in a document dated from the 1st of November 1007 (even thought it existed already before).
Overall it gives a very nice cover. The postmark is impressively clean. I was really happy to receive this cover, even if I’m not a big fan of handball…

No comments: