Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Stamps on stamps, and more

I had recently a mail exchange with a stamp collector who has specialized his collection around stamps on stamps. After this very interesting discussion, I checked my own stock of stamps to see if I had anything interesting on this subject. And I found this souvenir sheet from Nepal. I thought it could be a good idea to share it with you.

It has been issued on the 16th of July 1981 and commemorates the 100th anniversary of the first stamp issue from Nepal. The three stamps of the souvenir sheet picture the three first stamps issued in 1881, the 1 Anna (ultramarine), the 2 Anna (purple) and the 4 Anna (green).
Celebration of the anniversary of the first stamp issue of a country is the main occasion to see stamps reproduced on stamps.

Now, something else. I added in my link list a new link to a blog dedicated to
Europa stamps. If you are interested by Europa stamp issues, have a look, it is very well done. Even if you don’t have any specific interest in this area you may have a look ;-)
If you know other interesting blogs, or if you maintain yourself a blog, don’t hesitate to give me the address so that I can add it in this list.

No comments: