Friday, February 23, 2007

Cover from Bangladesh

My daily schedule was really disturbed yesterday by of a massive strike at work, so I could not find the time to write for my blog.
For today, and just before the weekend, I have chosen to show you a cover I have received few weeks ago, from Bangladesh.


This is my first cover from this country. The condition of the cover is not so bad, it looks worse on the scan than in reality. The postmarks from Dhaka are quite clear. As usual I looked for some information about the stamps.
The one located on the far left of the cover was issued on the 21st of June 2004 to celebrate the International Year of Rice. The purpose of the IYR was to promote the production of this vital food crop which is rice. On the stamp, the motto of the IYR is written : Rice is life.
The stamp located on the left side of the top row has been issued on the 15th of June 2002 to celebrate a national tree plantation campaign.
The one of the far right belongs to a series of stamps related to martyred intellectuals that started in 1991. This stamp was issued in 1998 and pictures Altaf Hossain. I could not find anything in my Scott stamp catalogue about the last stamp. I guess it was issued in 1995 but I could not find it.

No comments: