Monday, January 29, 2007

Cover from Egypt

I’ve had a very busy weekend. I just can not believe that two days have already passed and that it’s time again to go to work… My weekend was also busy from a philatelic point of view. On Saturday I had to go to the post office to retrieve 5 registered letters coming from various places, and containing interesting stamps on and inside the cover. I’m going to show you all that in the coming days.
For today, a cover that I received few days/weeks ago. It comes from Egypt. I realized that this is the first time I get a cover from Egypt. So I’m happy to have this new addition to my collection.
I think the stamps are very representative of the stamps issued by Egypt these last years. I did not find much information about them, except on the one that is on the left corner. It was issued on the 16th of April 2006 and is a tribute to Gamal Hemdan an Egyptian geographer. All the other stamps are also from 2006 but I could not find anything on them yet. The postmarks are hard to read, but the overall condition of the cover is pretty good.

2 comments:

copa said...

hey sir this a great collection of stamps first i want to tell you that am egyptoin u have a gr8 blog and gr8 collection but if u tried to visite my blog it will be hard for u because it's language is arabic except a few posts nice 2 meet u

copa said...

yeah also i can help u to read them

the first as u said it's for gamal hamdan and the second one for world post day dat's da frst day for posting thrd for General Census of Population and Housing and installations and the 4th is The golden jubilee of nationalization of Suez Canal
and da last one for
The Cabinet's Information and Decision Support