Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Very nice cover from Russia

In one of the very first article of my blog, I have shown a nice cover from Russia bearing three stamps commemorating the re-opening of the Amber room (see http://my-philately.blogspot.com/2006/07/amber-room.html). Those three stamps belong to a set issued in May 2004, but the full set also contains a souvenir sheet. Last weekend, I had the very nice surprise to receive this cover.

As you can see the cover is franked with the complete souvenir sheet of the set. Nice, isn’t it ? This cover has been sent by Alexander (the blogger of Used Covers). Thank you very much Alexander. This is a nice addition to my covers collection. I’m really impressed by the quality of the souvenir sheet which shows the reconstructed Amber room. And this is quite seldom to see a full souvenir sheet on a cover.

No comments: