Thursday, December 21, 2006

Registered cover from Russia

In a previous post I mentioned that during my trip I received some nice covers. Here is a registered cover that I got from Russia. I think it is quite nice.

The stamps on the top right belong to a set of five stamps issued on the 29th of August 2006 about fauna of Sakha Republic. The stamps of the set picture animals with their babies. On the left you can see a Siberian crane (Grus leucogeranus), in the middle a caribou (Rangifer tarandus) and on the right a horse (Equus caballus).
The stamps on the left border are definitive stamps from 2002 and 2003. The green one pictures Catherine palace in Tsarkoye Solo, the brown one pictures the great palace of Pedrodvorets and the purple one pictures Kushovo palace.
I don’t have information about the single stamp on the right bottom corner.
Overall it gives a very nice cover, don’t you think ?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, nice cover! Especially nice seal "Pskov's collector Oleg Tsvetkov" (It's illegal to make personal seals with state symbols in Russia).