Monday, December 18, 2006

Back home

I’m finally back home after my one week trip to Romania and Germany. I had a nice and busy time, a rather cold weather (I caught a cold), and I had no time to deal with stamps. I expected to have some free time to visit a post office or a stamp dealer in Timisoara but finally I could not. Note that finding a stamp dealer in Timisoara must be a challenge…When I came back from my trip, I found my mail box full of nice covers. I’ll surely show some of them to you in the coming days. One of those covers was this impressive registered cover from Nepal. As usual, click on the picture to zoom.





I show you both sides because the verso is franked with a full sheet of 16 stamps. This stamp sheet is an issue of 2005 about fruits. The stamps picture (from left to right and top to bottom) : Indian Gooseberries, Walnuts, Wood apples and Golden evergreen raspberries. When you think that franking a registered letter in France with stamps instead of ATM is becoming a challenge… I wonder how a French postal clerk would have reacted if I had given him such a cover…





No comments: