Friday, November 17, 2006

Zodiac

I’m not much into astrology and I hardly know more than my own sign of the zodiac. But I was quite impressed when I received recently this set of stamps from a stamp collector in Russia.

(click on the picture to zoom)
This set of 12 stamps picture the signs of the zodiac. It has been issued on the 21st of April 2004 by Russia. The stamps are really nice, and even if they don’t’ fall into my topics for collection I was quite happy to get them. They even look much better in reality than on the scan because the small stars that you can see on the stamps have a silvery glint.French post never issued any stamps about signs of the zodiac, but I know that a lot of other countries have. I guess this could be a topic for collection in itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, landed on your blog, nice stuff. I found a cool new tool for our blogs... www.widgetmate.com It helps get latest news for our keywords directly on to our blog. I added it on mine. Worked like a charm.