Monday, November 20, 2006

Cover from Japan

I have received this cover from Japan several weeks ago and I wanted to share it with. I finally found some free time during the weekend to scan it.


I think that this cover is rather impressive. First it bears three large stamps that have been issued on the 8th of October 2004 for the International Letter Writing week. They picture paintings extracted from “Fifty-three stations of the Tokaido Road” by Hiroshige.
Then the three red cancels used on the stamps are also very impressive. This is not the first time I see such cancel on Japanese stamps but I wonder what they are : they are surely not first day of issue cancel. Are they cancels from a philatelic office ? Does anybody know where I could get some info on them ?
I got this very nice cover through the Asian Cover Collector Club, which is a very good covers exchange club if you are interested to get mail from Asian countries (mainly Japan, I have to admit).

No comments: