Monday, November 13, 2006

Back from Lyon

Here I am, back from my long weekend in Lyon, and very disappointed by the heavy defeat of the French rugby team against the All blacks… Well, we’ll see how they react next Saturday for the second test match…
On Thursday last week I have spent few hours attending to the Salon d’Automne, the stamp show I was mentioning last week. This stamp show was the occasion for the French post to issue new stamps. In fact we had much less new issues than last year. Only three new issues : a booklet to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the “Marianne de Gandon”, a souvenir sheet about flying machines, and a stamp commemorating the 400th anniversary of the birth of Rembrandt (see the scans below). I took benefit of this new issues to post some FDC to some of you, so check your mail box and tell me if you receive something from me… I was also able to buy some LISA (the French ATM), I’ll show you it to you in a next post.
Several foreign post offices were represented at this stamp show and a lot of stamp dealers. I took a lot of time to browse the display of the topical stamp dealers in order to find some interesting frog stamps. I did not have much success. My collection is now so big that it’s hard for me to find items that I do not have already. I was surprised and a bit saddened to see how many topical stamp dealers actually propose speculative issues to their customers. I bought also some nice stamps that I will show later on this blog. Globally I had a good time, even if there was not much surprise in this stamp show. It was very similar to the one of last year.

So here are the pictures of the new issues.






No comments: