Thursday, October 05, 2006

Birds from Portugal

I have received this cover this week. It contained some stamps I bought on an auction site (not Ebay, but Delcampe. If you haven’t tried Delcampe auction website, you should. It is very well done and very dedicated to collectors). This covers comes from Portugal and bears an interesting number of stamps ! The two birds stamps are in fact definitive stamps. The one on the left border has been issued in 2003, the other one in 2002. I think there are quite nice for definitive stamps, don’t you think ?
Just for the record, the last stamp, the big on one the right top corner, is a part of a set of five stamps issued on the 21st of June 2006 and illustrating Roman heritage in Portugal. I have not much clue of what this stamp is picturing actually. As I don’t read Portuguese…

No comments: