Thursday, September 14, 2006

Update about famous Eric on stamps

Some weeks ago I have announced that I was starting a new stamp collection : all stamps picturing or referring to someone named Eric. I also announced that I would keep you informed about the progress of my collection. I’m sure you are all impatient to know if I discovered any new stamps. So here is a small update.

First of all I found this strip of three stamps from Mali, issued in 1998 and picturing Eric Tabarly, the famous French navigator. The style of the stamps is very representative of the style of stamps from Mali at this period…

Then I also found these coil and booklet stamps from Sweden, issued in 1947, and commemorating the 100th anniversary of Erik Gustal Geijer, a famous historian, philosopher and poet.

Thanks to Adrian, I found this stamp from Great Britain. It belongs to a set issued in 1998 and picturing British comedians. This one pictures Eric Morecambe.


Also a stamp of 2004 from Belgium, picturing Eric Goeber, and belonging to a sheet about motocross champions.


And to conclude, more anecdotic, a souvenir sheet from Nevis, picturing Ariel, the little mermaid, and her lover Eric !



Two other stamps from Great Britain complete my current collection : one from the set of 2004 celebrating the 150 anniversary of the Royal Society of Arts that commemorates the creation of a font by Eric Gill, and one from the Children animal tales set of 2006 (common issue with USA) that pictures "The very hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle.

No comments: