Friday, September 22, 2006

Lighthouses from Russia

Here is a nice cover I received this week from Russia. The three large stamps are belonging to a set issued the 16th of August 2006 and picturing lighthouses from the Barentsevo and Beloe seas. On each stamp, there is a map indicating the location of the pictured lighthouse. This is interesting to see how different they are. The other small stamp is probably a definitive one, but I don’t know much about it.
I’m not really into lighthouses, but I know several people that are interested by them. And it seems this is a very popular topic among topical stamps collectors. I’m not surprised they usually give nice results on stamps.
By the way, while I was looking for some information about those stamps, I found an interesting web site where you can find a lot of information about stamps from all former Soviet Union countries : http://home.nestor.minsk.by/fsunews/ .

1 comment:

Omar said...

Bonsoir,
Merci beaucoup pour le site pour répertorier les tp j'en avais beusoin.
Je suis ravi de consulter souvent ton blog.j'espère que tu vas faire de meme pour le miens.