Monday, September 04, 2006

Frog from Nepal

Not much time to write today. Everybody is back from holidays, so a lot of work is waiting for me. Today I wanted to show you this stamp that I received last week from Nepal for my frog stamps collection. It belongs to a set of five stamps about bio-diversity and was issued the 12th of June. This one pictures a frog that can be found mainly in India, Bangladesh and Nepal : a Hill Stream Frog (Amolops formosus). I would like also to thank George from Taiwan for telling me about this stamp.
This is the first stamp I know from Nepal that pictures a frog. The list of countries that have issued stamps picturing frogs is now rather impressive. When I started this collection, I had no idea that it would be such a big collection. I must have something as 400 items now in my collection, just counting the stamps !

No comments: